Saturday, December 18, 2010

The Letter and The Trophy!

A couple days ago I received a letter from AQHA. It stated that in recognition of my achievement that I was being award the below stated trophy.
Open Show Grand Champion Stallion for Playin Chicken Two. This came as a total surprise, as I was not expecting this. I called AQHA just for curiosities sake and asked them why I was chosen to get this award. The lady in the awards department said to me it was because I had won Grand Champion in Open halter and because it was the first time for me to win this title at an AQHA show that they where sending me a complimentary trophy. She also said that when and if I win Grand Champion in the Amateur division they would do the same as well. She went on to state that any time after this that I win Grand Champion I would receive a letter and would be able to purchase a Trophy if I liked.
The letter stated that it would be 4-6 weeks before I received my trophy, but low and behold, it showed up in the mail today, and to say I was impressed was an under statement!

The trophy is a lot prettier than these pics reflect. It reminds me a lot of the ones they give away at the Quarter Horse Congress!!

This trophy is really heavy and this horse is of some sort of metal. Very nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment