Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The right stuff..or all the stuff..or stuff needed!

Well for all of us here at Diamond J Ranch show season is getting ready to kick into high gear again, and with this comes cleaning out the trailer, seeing what needs to be restocked and maybe adding a few new tricks that were told to us my some very experienced AQHA show people.

This one is Horse Shave. I will be purchasing these for the first time, but I have used them before. The first time was at the Spot or Not futurity last September. I had forgot my razors and asked my neighbour if they had one I could borrow and low and behold this is what they had. You want to talk about a close shave! It worked almost better than a set of clippers. So this will DEFIANTLY be going in the grooming box.You can get yours at Legacy Tack!




Next it will time to get Rooster another show sheet as he has rapidly out grown his first. As well as time to buy a couple smaller ones for the new babies that will be coming into there show carer in a few months. Rough estimate is June, July and August.


We will also be buying matching neck covers for all sheets. This particular sheet you can get from Schneider Saddlery , and it's on sale so you can't beat that!






We will also be purchasing a few new slinky horse hoods as well as slinky sheets. I plan on purchasing these from Robbinhoods. They have REALLY REALLY nice hoods that will last a long time. Not to mention any and every color you can think of .

A few other things to put in your grooming bag is....



World Champion products are great. I have used pretty much everyone of these in this picture. The aerosol coat condition works great to spray on those muscle creases to get them to really POP out, and what a shine on the face with Shine On!

You should also carry a soft bristle brush, rubber curry comb, baby wipes, hoof polish, and pledge wipes, Yes I said pledge wipes!

Stay tuned for future blogs about other products that i have found or that have been shown to me that work great, especially in a tight spot!

Oh and a word of advice if you need ONE you buy TWO.

No comments:

Post a Comment